Far too often, businesses are so focused on keeping up with their day-to-day tasks, that they fail to see how much time they’re wasting. In other words, they have a broken office. But, how do you know if you have a broken office? Below are a list of symptoms we frequently encounter in broken offices. Once you identify the symptoms affecting your office, you can work toward finding more efficient solutions.
Do these symptoms sound familiar?
- Hoarding information – People hoard information and documents because they don’t trust that there is a company-wide system in place.
- Misplaced files - Employees can’t find documents because there isn’t a file naming convention or method for tracking version control.
- Incorrect contact information - People in your company frequently email each other to gain access to a client’s contact information because there isn’t a central place to store shared contacts.
- Prolonged training - Your company spends too much time training new employees because systems aren’t documented properly.
- Poor space planning - You see your coworkers walk back and forth to their desk unnecessarily to retrieve items they frequently use (printer, client files, etc.) because they aren’t located near their desk.
- Duplicate efforts – People at your office unknowingly duplicate efforts because roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined.
- Unreliable technology - Your team gets frustrated with unreliable or outdated technologies that waste their time.
Showing multiple symptoms of a broken office? Schedule a free 15-minute consultation to discuss solutions with us!