Usually a break room isn’t just a break room—it’s a break room plus a storage room, etc. But since it’s a room that employees go to take a break and re-energize, it’s important that the room is pleasant. Here are some tips to help everyone on the team maintain an organized shared space:
- Categorize the room based on the functions of your space (all cleaning supplies should be together, all office supplies also together, etc.)
- Use partitions to divide the purposes of the room, keep the room feeling stress-free. For example, try adding shelving units or curtains.
- Create clear labels on the outside of containers so that anyone can easily find what they are looking for, as well as restock items that are running low.
- Utilize vertical space with back-of-door hooks on closets and cabinets.
- Make a cleaning or restock schedule if necessary to keep the room looking nice. Usually reminder signs are noticed for about a week after being posted, so clear the clutter of unnecessary signs reminding people to do dishes.
What does your team do to keep a clean break room?