If you’re going to be sitting somewhere from 9 to 5 each week, you might as well make it an organized, functional space. Don’t feel limited by your small space; you can still create an organized work area!
- Maximize your use of walls by hanging anything and everything possible, like a coat hook balanced on the rim of the cubicle. We love these Safco PanelMate Organizers.
- If you have “office toys,” try grouping them together rather than spreading them out all over your cube. Your collection will look cohesive and contained, instead of sloppy.
- Use a monitor stand that also has dual functionality as a paper tray or supply organizer.
- Keep all of your most-used items within an arm’s reach semi-circle from your chair – these are your action items. The next layer of the circle is for reference items, and then the outside layer is for archive items (if it must stay in your cubicle).
- Label everything (including outside drawers, if applicable) so that others can find what they are looking for easily without going through all your stuff (for example, if someone is looking for a pencil, you don’t want them looking in your snack drawer).